LEED Certification Reviewer
Website LinkedIn U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
Transforming buildings and communities through LEED.
Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) is currently seeking a LEED Certification Reviewer to work with the LEED certification team. GBCI is the premier certification body responsible for global delivery and quality oversight of green building and green business sustainability standards. Its integrated team of green building specialists administers credentials and certifications for the U.S. Green Building Council (LEED), the International WELL Building Institute (WELL Building Standard), International Finance Corporation (EDGE), PEER, Sustainable SITES, TRUE Zero Waste, and IREE. The Certification Reviewers use their industry experience, technical expertise and project management skills to work within a dynamic, high performing cross functional team to deliver certification and onsite assessment services as appropriate for these standards.
This position may be performed remotely within the United States.
- Perform in-depth technical review and analyses of building design, construction, and operations for compliance with LEED rating systems on time with high quality
- Educate and directly engage the marketplace by effectively communicating through written, verbal, and in-person meetings with project teams and owners
- Perform quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) review of work done by other GBCI LEED Certification Reviewers, GBCI Assessors/Auditors and sub contracted review teams
- Provide technical customer service support to project teams
- Contribute to the continued development and increased technical knowledge of fellow LEED Certification Reviewers through collaborative teamwork
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and refining GBCI programs, policies and plans, as well as specific credit language and reference materials
- Assist in conceiving and developing improvements to the certification review process based on personal knowledge and vision, data analytics, or user feedback
- Liaise with USGBC and other standard developers and their associated technical committees
- Liaise with USGBC Education team, GBCI Credentialing team, and other internal and external groups as needed
- Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends
To apply: Please email [email protected] your resume and a letter of interest.
- The subject line of the email must include Last name, First name, Position (such as Jones, Sam, LEED Certification Reviewer)
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Any attachments must be titled Last name, First name, document (such as, Jones_ Sam_Resume)
- No phone calls, please.
Metrics for Success
- Meet individual review production metrics (quality, efficiency and timeliness)
- Achieve customer service satisfaction consistent with department goals
- Demonstrate professional growth by advancing foundational and leadership competencies
Education and Training Requirements/Preferences
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a field of study related to one or more of the following specialties:
- Architecture (architecture, landscape architecture, interior design)
- Engineering (mechanical, civil, structural)
- Planning (urban/transportation/environmental planning, urban design)
- Construction Management (or associated discipline)
- Building Operations (facility management, property management)
- Environmental Science (ecology, biology, environmental management)
- Professional license preferred
- LEED AP required upon hire; with specialty preferred (BD+C, ID+C, O+M, ND, Homes)
- Minimum 5+ years direct professional experience in area of specialty
- Experience with a variety of high-performance building projects, including LEED projects and/or specialization in a high-performance building attribute such as energy efficiency, water efficiency, indoor environmental quality, sustainable site development, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret building floor plans, sections, site plans, construction specifications, mechanical schedules, commissioning reports and operational policies
- Detailed technical understanding of and experience with one or more of the following building operations topics: common construction methods, materials specification, fenestration, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, landscape design, master planning, land use, zoning, urban development
- Detailed technical understanding of and experience with common environmental building codes and standards (e.g., ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 62.1, ASHRAE 55, California Title 24, IPMVP Vol. III, IESNA RP-33, ASHRAE 189, IECC, UPC, IPC)
- In the field HVAC, construction, building operations/facility management, or construction management preferred
- Demonstrated success with process improvement
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
- Passion and commitment to USGBC mission
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize
- Experience serving in technical consultative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing
- Excellent ability to clearly explain advanced technical issues in manner that is easily understood
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams
- Willingness to self-initiate
- Strong computer skills, with high proficiency in MS Office suite, including Excel
- Bi-lingual fluency in Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, French or Arabic preferred
- Support GBCI’s mission to become the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business performance and practice globally
- Encourage and accelerate global adoption of green business practices through various sustainability standards, tools and performance criteria