What is a LEED Green Associate Credential?
Looking to advance or begin your career in the growing field of Green Building? LEED is the #1 recognized green building rating system in the world. Created by the US Green Building Council (USGBC), the LEED Green Associate is the first of two tiers of professional green building accreditation. Sometimes referred to as “LEED GA”, LEED Green associates have demonstrated knowledge of green building practices and standards related to the design, construction, usage and maintenance of buildings.
LEED accreditation/credentials are earned by people
LEED certification is awarded to buildings
Who Benefits from Becoming a LEED Green Associate?
Virtually everyone who currently works in commercial real estate or is looking to enter a related field can benefit by becoming a LEED GA. Where you are a college student looking to differentiate yourself from other new graduates or a seasoned professional looking to expand your knowledge and project or career options, LEED professionals are in high demand. Some common positions held by Green Associates include:
- College students
- General Contractors
- Real Estate Professionals
- City and Neighborhood Planners
- Interior Designers
- Property Managers
- Facility Maintenance Staff
- Construction Superintendents
How Do I Become a LEED Green Associate?
The Green Associate credential is earned by passing the 100-question LEED Green Associate exam administered by the Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). LEED GA is a prerequisite for the next level: LEED Accredited Professional, or LEED AP.
Get our #1-selling study tools to ensure you pass your exam on your first try (trusted by over 150,000 professionals).
How Difficult is the LEED Green Associate Exam?
What the LEED GA exam lacks in mathematical and technical difficulty, it more than makes up for in breadth of topics covered. In other words, it requires you to know a little about a lot, as evidenced by the massive 800+ page rating system guides. The exam becomes more approachable once you know the right topics to study.
GBES practice exams and study materials (are designed to prepare you to pass the first time by):
- Saving you time (study a fraction of the time vs. reading the entire LEED reference guide or all of the LEED rating systems)
- Focusing on the material covered on the exam (and not all the extra stuff you don’t need to know to pass)
- Providing practice tests that are nearly identical in style to the actual test questions and have detailed explanations of the correct answers
Our students know when they are ready to take the exam and have a 95%+ pass rate.
How Long Does the Green Associate Credential Last?
All LEED credentials last indefinitely provided they are maintained every two years with continuing education. This ensures professionals are up-to-speed with this constantly evolving building standard. The LEED Green Associate will require 15 hours of continuing education every two years.
Green Associates can enjoy affordable continuing education bundles that GBES offers and makes maintaining your credential stress-free:
- Keep track of your credential deadlines
- Provide multiple formats for CE hours including videos
- Save you paperwork & time by automatically reporting your Green Associate continuing education credits directly to USGBC/GBCI
- Double as AIA credits and include automatic reporting for AIA
Want to Pass the Green Associate Exam on Your First Try?
Since 2007, GBES has been the best-selling LEED Green Associate exam preparation resource. We created the first practice tests and continue to raise the bar for green building education with a wide array of training materials and techniques supported by research to improve your retention. Select the test prep best for your lifestyle below and remember all have a 100% money-back guarantee.
Get 30 LEED Green Associate Practice Test Questions
Please Enter Your Email Below. Allow 2 to 3 Minutes To Recieve Your Questions. Thank You!
Most Popular LEED Green Associate Study Tools
Browse All LEED GA Study Tools
Practice tests (Most Popular!)
Video Crash-Course Exam Prep (Best for those short on time or who travel often)
On-Demand Webinar (Best for those who prefer classroom-style learning)
Subscription (Exceptional value for professionals looking to become and AP or obtain more than one green building credential)
What Comes After LEED GA?
Becoming a LEED Green Associate is sure to accelerate your career and help you contribute to the green building movement. Once you’ve become a LEED Green Associate, there are typically two main paths:
- Professionals directly involved with building design and construction often advance to the LEED AP (Accredited Professional). There are five specialty areas for this credential based on an individual’s role.
- College students or those in auxiliary roles related to commercial real estate will find value in the WELL AP, which focuses on healthy buildings and high-quality environments for their occupants. After all, we spend 90% of our time indoors.
Become a LEED Green Associate