Devon Bertram is the VP of Sustainability Consulting at Stok, focused on impact at scale, advising clients on how to define, implement, and manage customized sustainability programs and standards for their building portfolios that authentically align with their brand, values, and purpose.
Her work aims to reinforce broader strategic goals to enhance ESG initiatives, develop corporate carbon strategies, and improve overall sustainability impact.
Former and current clients and partners include SFPUC, Sitecore, Delta Dental, Twitter, Starbucks, Citibank, Subaru, and Sephora.
- Mapping Stok’s direction and impact.
a. Role focuses internally and externally helping align culture to stay true while also helping clients tackle challenging climate issues.
b. Link: The Sustainable Real Estate Program Handbook.
c. Provide integrated solutions for our clients with a sustainability consulting team, workplace solutions team, engineering team and a commissioning team.
d. Latest Stok publication “High-Performance Buildings and the Evolution of the Workplace: Insights for a People-First Approach” comprises survey responses that offer clarity about decisions and changes to the workplace experience that will positively impact employee productivity, retention and wellbeing.
- Integrating corporate initiatives, not just in building design but how a company works.
- Working with clients and partners to identify what challenges they’re trying to resolve or solve and how to prioritize and identify the right SMEs to help push those solutions.
- Navigating decarbonization and ESG with clients to set operational goals to shift from hopeful to action.
- A new goal to “walk and talk” with clients and partners, and move this practice beyond internal team members.
- Understanding there’s no bad or wrong questions will drive the green building movement forward.
Get the episode transcript here!!
Show Resource and Information
- The Sustainable Real Estate Program Handbook
- High-Performance Buildings and the Evolution of the Workplace: Insights for a People-First Approach
- ??The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charles Mackesy
- Brave New Work by Aaron Dignan
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended