Tucker Perkins is the president and chief executive officer of the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC), an organization authorized by the U.S. Congress with passage of the Propane Education and Research Act (PERA), Public Law 104-284, signed into law on October 11, 1996.
Tucker assumed the role of PERC president and CEO when Roy Willis retired July 31, 2017, having previously served as PERC’s chief business development officer since 2012 and then as chief operating officer since December 2016.
He has worked in the propane industry for 26 years, having served as the director of business development for Inergy, chief executive officer of Premier Propane, and the chief operating officer of Columbia Propane, a unit of the Columbia Energy Group. Tucker is also the former chairman of a PERC advisory committee on engine fuel matters and is active with the National Propane Gas Association and the Virginia Propane Gas Association.
- The most important topic in green buildings.
- Understanding how propane is such a different fuel and can support the demands of the industry as a fuel of the future.
- PERC in the Propane Education and Research Council and there are three roles they play in the industry.
- Solutions to address where the power gaps are and how to begin to fill them with a changing and fragile electric grid.
- Tucker shares innovations that will minimize our environmental footprint.
- Not all fossil fuels are equal. The high level difference between natural gas and propane and what is the best fuel for the environment, our health, and economy.
- Addressing the energy needs of a building and how to pivot to provide the best efficiency.
- Where is propane needed most in infrastructure?
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended