LEED Specialist, Water
Website LinkedIn U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
Transforming buildings and communities through LEED.
USGBC is a Washington DC based nonprofit organization focused on proving better buildings equals better lives. USGBC established the LEED system to support this vision. LEED is the most widely used green building program in the world and is helping transform buildings, communities and cities around the world. Today, people know that if they are in a LEED-certified building they are using less energy and water, avoiding waste, saving on maintenance costs, improving indoor air quality, offering comfort to their occupants, and creating less environmental burden on their community. They also know that they are in a building that enhances their health and wellness. USGBC focuses on our relevant and reimagined vision that Healthy people in healthy places equal a healthy economy.
What you’ll be doing
- Development and implementation of an integrated strategy for technical development related to water within the built environment for the next wave of market transformation
- Cultivation of an engagement with global external subject matter experts with knowledge of all aspects of water issues related to the built environment
- Collaboration and co-development of credits alongside staff and volunteers
- Integration of concepts and strategies between rating systems
- Research in support of technical development goals
- Frequent public speaking and production of technical content for presentations
- Respond to media inquiries related to technical development of WE credits
Will provide oversight and management of staff based on project needs.
10%. Required travel but may include presentations to stakeholders, attendance at in-person committee meetings, and involvement in the world-class annual Greenbuild conference.
To apply: Please email [email protected] or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- The subject line of the email must include Last name, First name, Position (such as Jones, Sam, LEED Specialist, Water)
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Any attachments must be titled Last name, First name, document (such as, Jones_ Sam_Resume)
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
What you need to bring
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Relevant Professional Licensure or advanced degree preferred
- Five or more years of work experience in relevant field(s)
- General knowledge of the LEED Green Building Rating System
- Technical understanding of and experience with WE and other water-related topics, including: water use reduction strategies; water efficiency standards for fixtures, appliances, and processes; metering and water control technologies; water balance modeling; low-irrigation landscaping; cooling tower optimization; and water quality
- General understanding of high-performance green building/community design, construction, and operations
Other things we’d like you to bring
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as a strong understanding of the level of research and breadth of perspective needed to develop an acceptable solution to technical issues
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with a diverse array of individuals and constituents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to USGBC mission