Energy Programs Manager
Website LinkedIn U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
Transforming buildings and communities through LEED.
Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) is the premier certification body responsible for global delivery and quality oversight of green building and green business sustainability standards. Its integrated team of green building specialists administers credentials and certifications for the U.S. Green Building Council (LEED), the International WELL Building Institute (WELL Building Standard), International Finance Corporation (EDGE), PEER, SITES, TRUE Zero Waste, and IREE.
The Energy Programs Manager is a customer-focused position concentrated on growing the adoption of USGBC and GBCI programs. This position will drive market uptake of new GBCI offerings including PEER certification. This position is focused on identifying and nurturing new business opportunities while supporting and growing relationships with current partners and stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an experienced energy professional with the vision, initiative and leadership skills required to promote USGBC/GBCI programs in a competitive international market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Refine and implement the market development strategy for the PEER certification program in North America.
- Coordinate with colleagues (based in the U.S. and India) to leverage the USGBC/GBCI/LEED Platform to grow the PEER program.
- Serve as USGBC/GBCI subject matter expert on grid modernization, electrification, and power system resilience.
- Build a pipeline of sales opportunities for current customers, target new accounts, and track results against established goals while promoting the mission of USGBC/GBCI.
- Convert opportunities to projects and deliver certified projects to market.
- Develop tools and resources to communicate the value of the PEER program, and related products and services, to a global market.
- Lead engagement with energy policy and financing initiatives aimed at promoting USGBC/GBCI programs.
- Lead implementation of partner agreements and completion of grant deliverables aimed at supporting the PEER program.
- Regularly present PEER and other GBCI products and services to current and prospective customers including webinars and conference seminars.
- Develop thorough understanding of market needs and requirements and introduce relevant GBCI products and value propositions through close partnerships with customers.
- Represent USGBC/GBCI programs at targeted industry trade shows and customer events that advance business development strategy and targets.
To apply: Please email [email protected] your resume and a letter of interest.
- The subject line of the email must include Last name, First name, Position (such as Jones, Sam, Energy Programs Lead)
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Any attachments must be titled Last name, First name, document (such as, Jones_ Sam_Resume)
- No phone calls, please.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy policy, real estate development, finance or economics.
- Experience and deep understanding of U.S. energy generation, electric utilities, electrification, grid modernization, supply and distribution landscape, including relevant policies, programs, technologies, and utility initiatives (such as DSM etc.).
- Strong knowledge of utility sector, microgrids, sustainability principles, global USGBC mission, programs, and community.
- Minimum 5 years of management-level professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive-level stakeholders, including USGBC leadership, customers, and relevant third parties.
- Effective communication skills, customer interaction and relationship management.
- Broad range of experiences including sales, marketing, and client management.
- Commitment to USGBC/GBCI mission.
Other things we’d like you to bring:
- Master’s degree and familiarity with energy management, renewable energy, smart grids, and sustainable development is preferred.
- Understanding of global landscape on above shall be preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), LEED Green Associate or LEED AP w/ specialty credential preferred.
- PEER Pro badge preferred.
- Full Time, permanent, salaried, benefits-eligible, exempt status
- Location: Remote or 2101 L Street NW, Washington, DC
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST, 40 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Travel – upon request and approval
- USGBC is an equal opportunity employer