Website LinkedIn Sustainable Investment Group (SIG)
Your Partner in Green Buildings
The Sustainability Consultant reports directly to the Director of Sustainability – Wellness and supports SIG’s Sustainability Consulting Department on LEED, WELL, Fitwel, BREEAM, and other sustainable building certification projects. This position will plan, lead, and manage a variety of projects for new construction and existing buildings. Knowledge of the LEED rating system required, ideally with knowledge of WELL, Fitwel, and/or BREEAM. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience consulting on 10+ sustainability projects and should demonstrate the ability to work independently in a deadline focused environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee multiple projects related to sustainable and healthy buildings (including but not limited to: LEED, WELL, and Fitwel) for commercial real estate clients.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets for multiple projects on different timelines.
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of internal project processes and team efficiency.
- Training – perform internal (project management processes, quality control and career development) and external training to industry professionals (LEED/Fitwel/WELL/etc).
- Research and provide content to SIG 101/SIG University’s peer education sessions.
- Provide content to SIG blog and ongoing “Green Education” newsletters periodically.
- Participate in USGBC’s or other industry association’s steering opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge through professional development and organization participation.
- Add opinions to company growth strategy, marketing, and business development.
- Incorporate team feedback into individual performance.
- Track short and long-term personal and professional goals throughout the year.
- Provide training to members of the team as well as clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Be apprised of status of projects, including issues – provide advice, best practices, tips to discussing situations with clients, and more.
- Provide and request feedback (positive and constructive) to team members in a timely manner on their work.
- Inspire and encourage the entire team through regular positive interactions, even in stressful high-workload times.
- Contribute project and subject matter information for use in social media posts, blogs for our website, and internal educational purposes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- LEED accreditation (LEED AP) and project experience required (O+M designation preferred)
- BREEAM Assessor credential recommended.
- Familiarity with WELL/Fitwel recommended.
- Familiarity with ESG Reporting recommended.
- Passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, and Self Motivated
- Open to anywhere within the continental US