Who we are:
Reliable Controls is dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint of buildings around the world. Our team specializes in the design, development, and assembly of building automation controls and software programs.
We align ourselves with the right people and empower them in the right ways. An established company based in Victoria, BC, we nurture a strong culture of communication, trust, and collaboration. Embracing a work–life balance, promoting continuous learning, and celebrating our achievements are a few of the ways we show our enduring commitment to employees. Let’s combine our passions for building a greener future!
This is a remote position, and we welcome candidates from anywhere within the state of California.
To nurture sustainable growth through the cultivation of effective sales and business organizations, professionals, processes, and cultures throughout California.
What we offer:
- A performance-based compensation package.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Continuous personal and professional development.
- A rewarding career doing work that matters.
We can create:
Solutions for building operators to enable the vision of Net-Zero Emissions by 2050. Help us get there.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain an effective dealer network focused on customer support and satisfaction.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, technical and sales support to Authorized Dealers.
- Jointly review budget to actual on a quarterly basis and provide sales goals for each dealer.
- Prepare and submit an annual business plan with quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Facilitate and participate in trade shows, training, and marketing activities for the Corporation.
- Attend industry association meetings.
- Conduct and facilitate regular visits to consulting engineers to cultivate Reliable Controls brand awareness.
- Coordinate and attend dealer and customer training courses and maintain Technical Certification for each dealer.
- Establish and maintain a minimum of Level 3 Certification in the company’s Technical Certification program.
- Actively feedback to Reliable Controls about market needs from Authorized Dealers and the Region.
This role might be right for you if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a building automation environment in a sales or engineering capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in the building automation sector.
- Post-secondary education ideally in business, management, or engineering.
- Ability to build and cultivate strong business relationships.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with managing business units or teams is preferred.
- Strategic thinking and solution-focused mindset.
- Intrinsic motivation to achieve and surpass annual goals and objectives.
- A valid passport and can travel to Canada.
You’ll be successful in this position if you:
- Are an enthusiastic, innovative individual who cares about sustainability.
- Can grow and manage a customer-focused independent Authorized Dealer network and increase market share across California.
- Have a coaching mindset with the desire to help others succeed.
- Are self-motivated and want to build a customer base and brand.
- Like a challenge and want to grow professionally.
- Are patient and diligent; quality may take longer, but you know it’s worth it.
At Reliable Controls, it’s not only the experience and skills we are seeking – the alignment with our values is of the utmost importance to us. Continuous improvement is vital to our organization and we are prepared to invest in our team’s future, not just their current abilities. Let’s connect, we would love to hear from you!