Intermediate Interior Designer
Designing places that inspire joy and well-being since 1935.
We are an award-winning international design firm and industry leaders in commitment to sustainable design. Our London office is established as one of the most successful design firms in the UK and Europe, delivering a wide range of professional design services including corporate interiors, strategic workplace consultancy services, new build architecture, large scare urban design and planning development and hospitality.
Perkins&Will London office are currently recruiting for talented Intermediate Interior Designers, with experience in corporate interiors. Successful candidates should have a solid experience in a professional practice and should demonstrate experience in all stages of the design process from conception to completion. There is growth potential within the company for the right candidates. Perkins&Will are an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Represent the practice and raise its’ profile in a positive manner.
- Contribute to the development of the practice.
- Work harmoniously with Principals, Associate Principals, Associates, Senior Designers and other members of staff.
- Maintain an accurate record (diary) of all meetings and actions. This diary remains the property of the office.
- Attend CPD’s on a regular basis and maintain an up to date CPD record.
- Attend client presentation meetings and other project meetings as appropriate.
- Act as client interface on projects.
- Assist Senior ID in reviewing construction work on site as required.
- Assist to ensure smooth hand over of project to client.
- Regularly contribute to Design Reviews by way of gathering and presenting information.
- Contribute in the preparation of tender presentation material.
- Contribute to and assist in the development of tender proposals.
- Contribute in developing design proposals for presentation to the client. This will include concept ideas, development of layouts, finishes, materials and furniture all to be approved by the Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager or Associate.
- Collect client brief and prepare the project briefing documents.
- Lead /assist with the presentation of proposals to client.
- Prepare design and production information with pre-agreed programme and cost parameters.
- Specify products and materials.
- Investigate suitability for use and maintenance procedures.
- Specification of furniture desking systems and integration with IT.
- Report project issues to Project Senior Interior Designer and/or Project. Manager and Project Associate on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Revit experience (minimum 4years) with Design focus abilities.
- Working knowledge of Building regulations, British Standards and other relevant statutory legislation.
- A degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- Excellent design and technical skills.
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget is desirable.
- Exhibits strong lead design capabilities.
- Demonstrates experience in all stages of the design process from conception to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate a team as well as act as a design mentor to junior staff members, within the team.
- Good communication, client management and presentation skills and have experience in a similar role.
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Experience of fast-track projects from inception to completion.
- Willingness to listen and learn from all members of the team.
- Build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Knowledge of and ability to undertake on-going research of furniture systems, products, finishes and materials.
- An understanding of clients’ requirements and experience of client liaison.
- Should demonstrate interest in career and personal development.