Designing places that inspire joy and well-being since 1935.
Who Are We?
At Perkins&Will, we passionately believe that design can transform lives and enhance communities, creating healthy, sustainable places to live, learn, work, play, heal, move, and explore. We’re in it for the greater good, we design to create places with meaning, and we design with purpose. Join the brightest minds in architecture!
Who Are You?
Perkins&Will is seeking a highly motivated individual with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience to fill the role of Project Manager for our Denver Studio and our Kansas City Studio.
To join us you should have:
- Professional degree in architecture or related discipline.
- Professional architectural license.
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- High level of creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- LEED GA and Professional Accreditation in one area of Living Design (LEED AP with Specialty, WELL AP, etc.) or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Strong mentorship skills, as proven in previous experience.
- Knowledge of building codes, site analysis, preliminary design studies, contract documents, construction contract administration, and specifications.
- Be highly proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Revit.
What will you Do?
As a Project Manager on the Perkins&Will team, you will:
- Manage project teams, fostering collaboration, demonstrate strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance, design ideas and successful project delivery.
- Take full responsibility for managing all aspects of projects to ensure efficient execution within scope and budget.
- Participate in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Provide on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/up-date memos to project team.
- Interact comfortably with clients, consultants, and team members, while maintaining client’s objectives.
- Responsible for managing projects using the Deltek Project Management system; completes work plans in Deltek; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project.
- Communicate with clients, consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure effective communication.
- Participate in marketing opportunities and develops successful client relationships for continuing business.
- Review work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual.
- Coordinate staffing resources with Operations Director.
We foster a culture that is diverse and inclusive and strive for pay practices that are fair, competitive and reflect our commitment to pay equity. Our compensation decisions include but are not limited to a candidate’s qualifications, including skill sets, education, experience and training, licensure and certifications credentials if applicable, and business-related factors. This practice extends to all employees, including performance considerations for merit increases, job promotions, and transfer opportunities. We additionally review our pay practices, conduct pay equity audits, and ensure our managers are trained in our pay practices on an annual basis. At the time of posting this job advertisement, the annual pay salary range for this position, if located in Colorado, is between $94,500 and $126,000 commensurate with qualifications
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
*Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Perkins&Will has established and adopted an Equal Employment Opportunity policy (“EEO”), which is part of the Company’s Human Resources Policy. The purpose of this EEO policy is to ensure that all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. In some cases, local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those outlined here and employees will be covered by the laws of their local jurisdiction.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Perkins&Will will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)