Designing a better, more beautiful world since 1935.
We encourage ownership over one’s personal growth through self-advocacy and self-education. Active participation in our culture of mentorship, design excellence, and client engagement is a key part of this, as it broadens your skill base and influence at the firm.
THRIVE check-ins with your Champion are also vital to your growth because they’re an opportunity to discuss your career aspirations, skills development, and future. Don’t be afraid to share bold ideas, be curious, and share your professional interests and desires!
Come join us!
As a Project Architect, you will:
- Understand and consistently execute all aspects of the design process and project complexities to proactively contribute to the overall success of the team while adhering to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in design, execution, and living design.
- Coordinate project documentation execution, construction plans, and details, ensuring quality control and completion.
- Maintain awareness of evolving building technology and engineering systems relevant to project.
- Understand and respond to technical implications and design decisions.
- Review shop drawings, material samples, and construction documents for conformance with design.
- Administer applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.).
- Contribute to project marketing pursuits, proposal preparation, and interviews.
- Review work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance and in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual.
- Participate and collaborate in design reviews, charettes, and pin-ups.
- Demonstrate strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance.
- Mentor staff.
- Coordinate effectively with partners and consultants.
Typical Years of Requisite Experience:
- 8 to 10+ years
General Proficiencies (including, but not limited to):
- Building codes
- Site analysis
- Preliminary design studies
- Contract documents
- Field measurements
- Life safety requirements
- Construction contract administration
Frequently Used Software:
- Advanced knowledge of 2D/3D Production Software
- Advanced Revit
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite/Affinity
- Conceptual modeling tools such as Rhino, Sketch Up, Grasshopper
- Visualization tools such as Enscape and Lumion
- Physical modeling Tools such as 3D laser printing
- Presentation Tools (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- LEED GA within 6 months of hire
- Professional Accreditation in one area of Living Design that interests you: LEED AP with Specialty, BREEAM AP, WELL AP, SITES AP, CPHC/CPHE Passive House Institute Certified Passive House, or RELi AP