We encourage ownership over one’s personal growth through self-advocacy and self-education. Active participation in our culture of mentorship, design excellence, and client engagement is a key part of this, as it broadens your skill base and influence at the firm.
THRIVE check-ins with your Champion are also vital to your growth because they’re an opportunity to discuss your career aspirations, skills development, and future. Don’t be afraid to share bold ideas, be curious, and share your professional interests and desires!
Come join us!
As a Designer III, you will:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of project complexity to proactively contribute to the overall success of the team by adhering to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in design, execution, and living design.
- Develop creative and innovative design ideas, concepts, and solutions while participating as an integral member of the design team.
- Coordinate drawings for schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Analyze product research and identifies material selections.
- Take an active role in crafting client and non-client design presentations and prepares corresponding materials.
- Implements a creative approach to complete tasks and responsibilities on projects, within the scope of schedule and budget, in an organized, timely, and consistent way.
- Review work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual.
- Support growth of others.
- Express curiosity about the world of design and the industry at large.
- Take increasing ownership on tasks within project teams and studio activities.
- Participate in design reviews, charettes and pin-ups.
- Keep open communication within team and with designated team leader.
- Communicate ideas and thoughts in a way that inspires others.
- Coordinate effectively with partners and consultants.
Typical Years of Requisite Experience:
- 5 to 8 years
General Proficiencies (including, but not limited to):
- Building codes
- Site analysis
- Preliminary design studies
- Contract documents
- Field measurements
- Life safety requirements
- Construction contract administration
- Graphic storytelling
Frequently Used Software:
- Advanced knowledge of 2D/3D Production Software
- Advanced Revit
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite/Affinity
- Conceptual modeling tools such as Rhino, Sketch Up, Grasshopper
- Visualization tools such as Enscape and Lumion
- Physical modeling tools such as 3D laser printing
- Presentation Tools (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- LEED GA within 6 months of hire
- Professional Accreditation in one area of Living Design that interests you: LEED AP with Specialty, BREEAM AP, WELL AP, SITES AP, CPHC/CPHE Passive House Institute Certified Passive House, or RELi AP
- Preparing for ARE and active involvement in AXP