Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 24 locations globally, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
Our vibrant and diverse Chicago studio is in search of a Project Architect (Architect II). We have a track record of transformative, award-winning projects across multiple practice areas. Our ideal candidate for this role should have a passion for high-quality design and detail and possess strong analytical problem-solving skills. They would add to the culture of our studio by nurturing a collaborative process.
What We Provide:
We strive to provide our architects with opportunities to work on Senior Living, Higher Education, Hospitality, Commercial/Mixed Use & Workplace projects of various sizes and complexity. Our employees are encouraged to continuously engage, to learn, and to contribute in a supportive office culture. The individual selected must possess the ability to react positively to a variety of design priorities, styles and project delivery methods. Our approach is client-focused and our teams thrive on the vision that makes each project unique.
Globally, we are an integrated firm where our professional roster consists of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, construction specification writers, construction economists, environmental analysts, resiliency experts, traffic and transportation engineers, and several other professional disciplines.
- Leads a project team in development of the technical design and the preparation of architectural design and documents including drawings and specifications.
- Keeps Project Manager and Principal in Charge informed of progress or need for assistance
- Collaborates with the Project Designer of the project regarding technical details.
- Develops unique technical details and documents design concepts.
- Performs building code reviews to assure compliance.
- Leads consultant coordination and integration for high-performance sustainable design.
- Leads production effort on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
- Coordinates the work of Consultants, reviewing and developing technical details and strategies that advance high performance design and systems integration, in support of sustainable design certifications.
- Mentors junior staff.
- Leads or supervises work in the construction administration phase
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an Accredited School.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant architectural experience.
- Is able to encourage a collaborative work environment and a nurture excellence in project delivery and technical details.
- Is able to communicate and present the development of design concepts to consultants, clients and design team partners.
- Has strong organization, communication, technical and graphic skills.
- Has experience with site planning design and zoning analysis.
- Is able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Can demonstrated experience in and readiness to lead the technical details of projects.
- Can demonstrate proficiency with Revit and Affinity Suite. Rhino and other related design software is a plus.
- Proficient with other data management software such as Bluebeam, Word and Excel.
- Has Architectural license.
- Has LEED accreditation or is willing to pursue it in the next 6 months.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.