Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 24 locations globally, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
Our vibrant and diverse Chicago studio is in search of a Project Architect (Architect I). We have a track record of transformative, award-winning projects across multiple practice areas.
Our ideal candidate for this role would be a strong collaborator and contributor to excellence in all aspects of project delivery, and someone that pays attention to detail in design and documentation. They would add to the culture of our studio by nurturing a collaborative process.
What We Provide:
We strive to provide an opportunity to work with design teams on Senior Living, Higher Education, Hospitality, Commercial/Mixed Use & Workplace projects of various sizes and complexity. Our employees are encouraged to continuously engage, to learn, and to contribute in a supportive office culture. The individual selected must possess the ability to react positively to a variety of design priorities, styles and project delivery methods. Our approach is client-focused and our teams thrive on the vision that makes each project unique.
Globally, we are an integrated firm where our professional roster consists of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, construction specification writers, construction economists, environmental analysts, resiliency experts, traffic and transportation engineers, and several other professional disciplines.
- Assists in master planning, site planning, building design and detailing exercises utilizing, 3-D modeling, and digital presentation packaging.
- Develops designs in concert with constructability in 3D using Revit or other 3D modeling software for team/client review and approval.
- Reports to the Project Manager and Project Architect responsible for the individual project.
- Performs design computations, assist in assembling or reviewing specifications, compile data, and contribute to elementary architectural assignments.
- Prepares program and schematic proposals with project layouts.
- Assists with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors.
- Demonstrates an acquaintance with building code reviews to enable designs complying with minimum legal standards.
- Assists in consultant coordination.
- Assists in the preparation of finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic and technical presentations for client approval.
- Assists the technical team on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
- Participates in the constructions administration phase by reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an Accredited School.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant architectural experience.
- Is able to encourage and thrive in a collaborative work environment.
- Has strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Has strong organization, communication, technical and graphic skills.
- Is able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Can demonstrated experience in and readiness to assist in the technical details and consultant project coordination.
- Can demonstrate proficiency with Revit, Affinity Creative Suite, and other related software.
- Is proficient with other data management software such as Bluebeam, Word and Excel.
- Has Architectural license or is on path to licensure.
- Has LEED accreditation or is willing to pursue it in the next 6 months.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.