Life at PE:
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 24 locations globally, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
We are an integrated firm which our professional roster consists of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, construction specification writers, construction economists, environmental analysts, resiliency experts, traffic and transportation engineers, and several other professional disciplines.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Project Architect III to join our award-winning Healthcare team in Charlotte, NC. This is a leadership position that provides ample opportunities for growth.
The Project Architect is a project position with responsibility for all phases of design process from schematic design through construction administration. We are seeking an experienced individual with strong technical and communication skills working within the design team to create exemplary healthcare facilities.
Our office culture is one that is focused on team alignment, transparency and high collaboration.
- Leads the multi-discipline project team in development of the aesthetic and technical design.
- Collaborates with or serves as the Project Designer for the design of the project.
- Ability to lead team in production and project documentation including both drawings and specifications.
- Experienced in all phases of healthcare project design, construction documentation production, and construction materials.
- Develops, checks and coordinates technical aspects of the design of a project, including the BIM modeling efforts
- Coordinate QA/QC reviews of project development.
- Participates in Client Work Sessions.
- Responsible for applicable regional agency reviews and building code analysis.
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.).
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples, and CD for conformance with design.
- Conducts and documents field observations to monitor the progress of construction.
- Coordinates the work of Consultants.
- Strong communication skills, including client presentation skills.
- Follows established Perkin Eastman standards for project documentation and review.
- Keeps Project Manager and Principal in Charge informed of progress or need for assistance.
- Supervises and mentors assigned staff.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Architecture is required.
- Minimum of 10 years having produced contract documents and performed construction administration services for projects, with demonstrated experience in healthcare
- CA experience (submittal, RFI, ASI review/response and consultant coordination).
- Strong communication skills, articulate, graphic, organization, technical verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated experience in and readiness to lead the technical details of projects.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software Including Revit, AutoCAD and BlueBeam.
- Proficient with other data management software such as Word and Excel.
- LEED, EDAC, and/or WELL Accreditation preferred.
- License required.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.