Life at PE:
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 24 locations globally, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
We are an integrated firm which our professional roster consists of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, construction specification writers, construction economists, environmental analysts, resiliency experts, traffic and transportation engineers, and several other professional disciplines.
Perkins Eastman, where employees are encouraged continuously to engage, to learn, and to contribute in a vibrant and supportive office culture, is in search of a Project Architect II with strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills and a passion for high-quality design and a collaborative process.
This position will provide an opportunity to work with integrated design teams on K-12 projects of various sizes and complexity. The individual selected must possess the ability to react positively to a variety of design priorities, styles and project delivery methods. Our approach is client-focused, and our employees thrive in a collaborative, responsive environment.
- Develop, check and coordinate technical aspects of the design of a project.
- Review proposed designs for compliance with applicable codes.
- Assist in the production effort, preparing the project code review.
- Follow established standards for project production and review.
- Coordinate the work of Consultants.
- Supervises assigned staff and mentors’ junior staff.
- Keep Project Manager and Principal in Charge informed of progress or need for assistance
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture (BArch/March) is required.
- Minimum of 6 to 9 years of practice with 2 years of Project Architect experience.
- Encourage a collaborative work environment with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong communication skills, articulate, graphic, organization, technical verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated experience in and readiness to lead the technical details of projects.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software Including Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max and Sketch-up.
- Proficient with other data management software such as Word and Excel.
- LEED, EDAC, and/or WELL Accreditation preferred or willing to pursue in the next 6 months.
- Experience working on K-12 projects in the state of Texas is preferred.
- Architectural License required.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.