Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovation and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong.
As a Project Architect, in partnership with the Architectural Discipline Director, Project Manager, Project Designer, you are accountable for project performance and team communication. Responsible for the development, issuance and content of deliverables, technical content of documents and coordination of disciplines including consultants and for the supervision of all staff producing documents on your projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent and properly executed.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Checks completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
- Works to implement the overall strategy for producing the documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This includes defining how data will be organized into files and which elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model (BIM).
- Works with BIM Manager to define and set up project team software parameters and works with team BIM Lead to manage project standards.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the entire Project Team.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and other discipline group designers that affect the specific project design.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Develops a positive relationship of trust with clients and other project leadership.
- Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
- Receives project direction from the Design Principal and technical direction from the Quality Control project reviewer, the Architectural Discipline Director and the Quality Control Manager in the studio.
- Coordinates and tracks electronic documentation and files with project team, clients and consultants.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings as required for the project. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- Prepares meeting minutes of consultant coordination meetings and/or oversees development of the minutes with a project admin or the project manager depending on the project size.
- May prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Creating and growing your personal brand within JACOBS across disciplines, offices and divisions.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Knowledge of architectural building systems
- Knowledge of architectural specifications.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, Enscape and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Ability to work in team environment and often in remote offices.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Participation in professional organizations is preferred.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of architecture experience.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region required, if licensure is offered in your region.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Experience with federal work preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- US Citizenship.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.