Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future – today.
We’re seeking a Senior Project Architect to join our team in north Texas. Someone who can use their vast experience in the industry and apply it to today’s challenges.
You will lead project teams of architectural design professionals in the research, programming, planning, designing, and overseeing of client contracts, projects, and relationships .
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
Your role will include leading teams – both large and small – of architecture and engineering staff on projects to produce project documentation, performing and/or assisting in the construction administration phase of projects, maintaining firm-wide documentation procedures and standards, working closely with technical leadership and engineering discipline leads to understand design intent and goals for successful implementation for various facility design projects. You’ll play an integral role in mentoring junior staff, forming long-term relationships with clients, and pursuing new work, including strategy development, positioning, for new contracts.
You’ll monitor the progress of design work and facilitate adjustments in the work flow to maintain performance. You’ll use your experience to help prepare project presentations, studies and reports for clients.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to embrace living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and equality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. An inclusive culture with many perspectives through diverse backgrounds allows us to leverage knowledge, leadership and connection to bring forth opportunity, creativity and growth.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other. Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- At least 15 years professional relevant experience for buildings related design projects
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Professional Registered Architect (RA)
- Demonstrated progressive overall experience in an Architectural, Design, or Engineering organization
- Strong organizational skills to help facilitate multiple tasks at one time, communication (both verbal and written) skills, creative problem-solving abilities, business development / client relationship building skills, and leadership abilities
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members
- Must display enthusiasm, motivation, and be goal oriented
- Demonstrated program experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Knowledge of architectural building systems and code requirements
- US Citizenship
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Master’s in Architecture
- Renovation and new construction experience
- Experience in higher education, electronics, corporate commercial, state and local projects
- Experience creating and working with design standards
- Experience on fast-track, accelerated project delivery
- Experience with multiple project delivery types (CMR, Design-Build, Competitive Sealed Proposal, etc.)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram