Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Jacobs Federal & Environmental Solutions and help grow the Federal Interior Design Studio.
As an Interior Designer in the Fort Worth office, you will act as interior design lead on Federal projects of various types, sizes, and locations under the direction of the Federal West Group Lead. You will interact with internal and external personnel, and participate in all aspects of the design process, including work planning, conceptual design, design development, construction documents and FF&E specifications following code and Government criteria.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Collaborate well with other team members, consultants, and clients
- Understand and implement all design standards and criteria
- Manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Focus on attention to detail and quality
- Conform to budgets and schedules
- Maintain flexibility as workloads change
- Uphold excellence in design and sustainability
- Mentor junior staff
Interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples in PDF form.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school
- NCIDQ certified
- 15 years’ minimum experience in a commercial environment
- Government design experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in construction documents, CSI and FF&E specifications
- Understanding of building codes, ADA requirements, and LEED sustainability
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit (preferred), and Microsoft Office Suite
- US citizenship
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.