Recognizing excellence in green business industry performance
Salary Range:$75,000.00 To 85,000.00 Annually
This position is performed within the United States, hybrid in DC or full-time remote.
GBCI is the premier certification body responsible for global delivery and quality oversight of green building and green business sustainability standards. Its integrated team of green building specialists administers credentials and certifications for the U.S. Green Building Council (LEED), the International WELL Building Institute (WELL Building Standard), International Finance Corporation (EDGE), PEER, Sustainable SITES, Sustainability Excellence, TRUE, and IREE.
The Data Analyst will build a deep understanding of GBCI’s core business operations and supporting information systems and will leverage this knowledge to enable transparent, data-driven decision making at GBCI. They will serve as a data champion and advance the performance-oriented culture at GBCI by delivering business intelligence that instills connections between data and decisions throughout the organization.
This data-focused role will support continuous improvement in certification and credentialing programs at GBCI through business intelligence products including interactive dashboards, KPI reporting, and ad-hoc data analysis. This role will work closely with teams across GBCI to ensure that business processes and decision support systems are aligned and integrated with GBCI’s data warehousing and reporting tools, and that the resulting data is accurate and accessible. They will investigate operational and programmatic challenges, identify data monitoring gaps, and provide insights and recommendations to GBCI leadership. Successful candidates will take pride in their role leveraging data to advance GBCI’s mission.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of GBCI business operations
- Build and maintain interactive dashboards and standalone reports in support of department objectives
- Identify critical process points that require data monitoring and analysis
- Improve GBCI’s business intelligence capacity by refining decision support systems and ensuring alignment and integration with GBCI’s data warehouse
- Monitor and improve data quality at GBCI through effective data governance and documentation
- Work with stakeholders to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control existing business processes
- Broaden data and quantitative literacy at GBCI by serving as a resource and mentor for staff seeking to leverage data
- Assist with business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Assist with department technology planning and systems integration efforts
- Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends
- Occasional customer service (external data requests)
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Training Requirements/Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in Business, Data/Computer Science, or other related analytic or information technology discipline
- LEED Green Associate or Sustainability Excellence Associate required (or within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years of business intelligence, analytics, database administration, data visualization, or related experience required
- Experience working with Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization platform required
- Experience working with SQL databases required
Other Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for and commitment to USGBC and GBCI mission
- Some computer programming experience required (Python preferred)
- Advanced Excel proficiency required
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma preferred
- Experience with PMP or other project management discipline preferred
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Metrics for Success:
- Develop and publish ongoing departmental dashboards and reports on schedule
- Meet individual quarterly performance goals/deliverables
- Achieve customer service satisfaction consistent with department goals
Employees work for an established mission-based and member-driven nonprofit organization with a compelling vision, nonprofit competitive compensation that includes 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive health insurance, employer sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) and pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA), generous paid leave, in addition to a renewal leave of six weeks for employees celebrating monumental employment anniversary.
The headquarters office is a LEED Platinum commercial interior space in a LEED certified building in the LEED Platinum certified central business district in the first LEED Platinum certified city, Washington, DC. The office serves as an example for green design and construction products and practices. It is close to public transportation and incorporates many healthy and environmentally friendly features, including an on-site gym, rooftop lounge and healthy snacks for staff.