Certification Manager, EDGE
Recognizing excellence in green business industry performance
Certification Manager, EDGE
This position may be performed remotely within the United States or India.
GBCI is the premier certification body responsible for global delivery and quality oversight of green building and green business sustainability standards. Its integrated team of green building specialists administers credentials and certifications for the U.S. Green Building Council (LEED), the International WELL Building Institute (WELL Building Standard), International Finance Corporation (EDGE), PEER, Sustainable SITES, TRUE Zero Waste, and IREE.
This highly motivated individual uses their industry experience, technical expertise, and project management skills to work within a dynamic, high performing cross functional team to deliver certification and onsite assessment services as appropriate for these standards. The individual will primarily manage the EDGE green building certification program but may also provide support for GBCI’s other non-LEED certification programs.
An innovation of IFC, EDGE, is a green building certification system focused on making buildings more resource efficient. EDGE empowers developers and builders to quickly identify the most cost-effective ways to reduce energy use, water use, and embodied energy in materials. GBCI is a certification provider for EDGE in over 120 countries around the globe.
- Manage all aspects of EDGE Certification, including but not limited to program development and strategy; quality oversight, reviews, auditor & contractor management, and operations
- Manage relationship with IFC (standard developer for EDGE) and provide GBCI input and feedback on EDGE standard as needed
- Assist in ongoing alignment, development, and integration of GBCI certification programs, policies, and plans
- Liaise with GBCI Business Development, USGBC Education team, Marketing team, and other internal and external groups as needed – for example, providing technical content, leading webinars and other duties as assigned
- Perform in-depth technical review and onsite compliance verification (as appropriate) for EDGE and select certification programs (e.g., SITES, TRUE, etc.)
- Perform quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) review of work done by other GBCI Certification Reviewers, other Assessors/Auditors/Validators, and sub contracted review teams
- Provide technical customer service support as needed
- Educate the marketplace by effectively communicating technical requirements through written, verbal, and in-person meetings with project teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert for EDGE and contribute to the continued development, training and increased technical knowledge of fellow Certification staff and contractors through collaborative teamwork
- Support a range of business development efforts through conferences attendance and technical assistance
- Weekly/monthly tracking and reporting of certification and business/program development activities
- Liaise with USGBC and other standard developers and their associated technical committees
- Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Training Requirements/Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a field of study related to one or more of the following specialties:
- Architecture (architecture, landscape architecture, interior design)
- Engineering (mechanical, civil, structural)
- Planning (urban/transportation/environmental planning, urban design)
- Construction Management (or associated discipline)
- Building Operations (facility management, property management)
- Environmental Science (ecology, biology, environmental management)
- Professional license preferred
- Minimum 5+ years direct professional experience in area of specialty
- Experience with a variety of high-performance building projects, including LEED, WELL, EDGE projects and/or specialization in a high-performance building attribute such as energy efficiency, water efficiency, sustainable resource management, indoor environmental quality, sustainable site development, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret building floor plans, sections, site plans, construction specifications, mechanical schedules, commissioning reports and operational policies
- Detailed technical understanding of and experience with one or more of the following building operations topics: common construction methods, materials specification, fenestration, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, landscape design, master planning, land use, zoning, urban development, waste management
- Detailed technical understanding of and experience with common environmental building codes and standards (e.g., ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 62.1, ASHRAE 55, California Title 24, IPMVP Vol. III, IESNA RP-33, ASHRAE 189, IECC, UPC, IPC)
- In the field HVAC, construction, building operations/facility management, or construction management preferred
Other Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Support GBCI’s mission to become the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business performance and practice globally
- Encourage and accelerate global adoption of green business practices through various sustainability standards, tools, and performance criteria
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize
- Experience serving in technical consultative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing
- Excellent ability to clearly explain advanced technical issues in manner that is easily understood
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams
- Willingness to self-initiate
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite
- Bi-lingual fluency in Spanish preferred
- Passion and commitment to USGBC/GBCI mission
- May supervise in the future.
- 5% to 10%
Metrics for Success:
- Meet individual review production metrics (quality, efficiency, and timeliness)
- Achieve customer service satisfaction consistent with department goals
- Achieve individual performance goals on an annual basis
- Demonstrate professional growth by advancing foundational and leadership competencies
Employees work for an established mission-based and member-driven nonprofit organization with a compelling vision, non-profit competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skill level, generous benefits package, 401(k) matching and comprehensive health insurance.
The headquarters office is a LEED Platinum commercial interior space in a LEED certified building in the LEED Platinum certified central business district in the first LEED Platinum certified city, Washington, DC. The office serves as an example for green design and construction products and practices. It is close to public transportation and incorporates many healthy and environmentally friendly features.