Project Manager – Lifestyle
Shaping the future of cities by enhancing the human experience.
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.? Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from sports facilities and convention centers to education, hospitality, retail, workplaces and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Project Manager in our Washington D.C. office your job is to lead projects to successful delivery through team leadership and management of projects’ financials, schedule, and staffing. Gensler Project Managers support the design and construction of functionally beautiful spaces. With you as a leader on the design team, projects have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Lead one or more project teams through all phases of project delivery to successful completion of hospitality, retail, multifamily residential, senior living, and mixed-use projects.
- Interface with clients, and lead and develop client relationships.
- Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, and project set-up with clients, consultants, and vendors.
- Work in close collaboration with the Principal-in-Charge, Design Director, and Technical Director to develop and successfully implement project design and goals
- Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts and fees.
- Track and manage financial performance of project for success (e.g., work plan, schedule, fees, billings and collections)
- Provide leadership to project teams and clients by developing and communicating project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedule.
- 8+ Years of experience in delivering exceptional projects.
- Professional degree (Master’s or Bachelor’s) in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited program
- Knowledge of building codes and structures
- Hospitality experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural and/or interior design principles/practices
- Good communication and management skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office; Proficiency of Revit and Adobe Suite preferred.
- LEED accreditation is preferred.
*This role is not remote; we look forward to working with our new Project Manager in our incredible Washington, D.C. office.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.