Shaping the future of cities by enhancing the human experience.
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone!
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from workplace, building transformation, aviation and transportation, education, hospitality, retail, technology, and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a mixed-use building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Technical Designer in our Toronto office your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. With you as part of the design team, architecture has never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Produce in Revit accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project
- Provide project team coordination for finished plans, specification, and material selections; ensure design intent is incorporated into the construction documentation
- Participate in construction administration, evaluate bids, conduct site visits, address technical issues, and maintain quality control during construction
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the creation of 3D software renderings – enscape preferred – to communicate design concepts
- Comfortability with interior design assignments that may include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture minimum, Master of Architecture preferred
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Revit – required
- Proficient in Rhino – preferred
- Knowledge of local building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Experience in and demonstrated commitment to sustainable building practices
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions, our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
Perks: We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer contributions to the RRSP and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.