Architectural Designer – Junior – Critical Facilities
Shaping the future of cities by enhancing the human experience.
At Gensler,?we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.? Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients’ success. We share the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability, and we believe that a diversity of voices and cultures is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As the world’s largest design firm, Gensler has a unique obligation and opportunity to focus on sustainability in the built environment. We deepened our commitment to combat the impact on climate change in the built environment when we launched Gensler Cities Climate Challenge (GC3) in 2019. This is our pledge to meet an ambitious goal: the elimination of all greenhouse gases from our work by 2030.
As a Gensler Junior Architect, you will collaborate with a team of architects and designers to develop design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction administration phase of a project. You will be successful in translating sketches and documents into realized 3D models and working drawings and you can research technical issues when they arise. You display innovative thinking balanced with an ability to present real-world technical solutions to new design challenges. You thrive with personal responsibility and accountability and also embody and embrace open communication and team-oriented success. Your work ethic, combined with your commitment to collaboration, makes Gensler the perfect place to nurture your career.
What You Will Do
- Develop the design and delivery of the architectural and/or technical aspects of a project.
- Possess knowledge of architectural design principals, technical details, codes, and material characteristics.
- Participate in all project phases, with a primary focus on design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies, and other vendors to meet overall project objectives.
- Produce BIM models and construction drawings.
- Resolve challenging technical and design issues with the team to produce innovative, technical, constructible solutions.
- Support project sustainability targets throughout project phases and actively engage in delivering them.
- Study sustainable design strategies in every project stage and investigate solutions to sustainable design challenges.
- Work collaboratively with the team to optimize sustainability performance through design iterations and research.
- Engage in climate focused analysis and studies for each project.
- 0-3?years of project experience in an architectural practice.
- Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design or equivalent.
- Licensed or registered architect.
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures.
- Effective communicator, collaborative and team conscious.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact, grace, and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- LEED, WELL, Fitwel, LFA or other rating systems accreditation preferable.
- Demonstrate a collaborative and integrated approach towards achieving high sustainability project goals.
- Motivated to grow knowledge and experience in sustainability on a personal and a team level.
- Proficiency in REVIT, Enscape, Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft office.
- Additional software skills in Illustrator, Rhino, Grasshopper are a plus.
Your Design Technology Qualifications
- Basic understanding and familiarity with Autodesk Revit for modelling and documentation.
- Basic understanding and familiarity in Rhinoceros for design authoring.
- Basic understanding and familiarity with real-time rendering processes, and material creation & management within the context of integrated BIM and parametric workflows.
- Basic understanding and familiarity with interoperability workflows between various design tools such as, AutoCad, Revit, Rhino, etc
Applications we work with
Design Authoring – Revit, Rhino, Autocad, Navisworks
Collaboration – BIM360
Computational Design – Grasshopper, Dynamo
Building Performance Simulation – Insight, Sefaira, Diva, Ladybug tools
Visualisation – Vray, Enscape, Twinmotion, 3DSMax
Graphics & Productivity – Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
Experiential – Unreal Engine, Unity
Development – C#, Python
To be considered, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format.
Life at Gensler
Gensler Asia-Pacific and Middle East is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through our Five Strategies. In partnership with our clients, we strive to create a just and equitable future for our communities and our colleagues. We celebrate our diversity and are focused on creating an inclusive workplace environment for all.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.