Gensler’s Seattle office was established in 2000 to provide a diverse set of strategic and design services in the Puget Sound region. In our 21 years, we have recruited some of the best talent the region has to offer, and built a balanced team of design professionals with strengths in strategy, management, design, and project delivery. Our project types have ranged from workplace and consulting to architecture and master planning. Our clients include technology companies, developers, professional services firms, higher educational institutions, and professional sports organizations, and our work has received numerous awards from the AIA, IIDA, and NAIOP, among others.
As an Interior Designer with our Seattle office, you will join a talented, thoughtful team that works to create meaningful experiences and environments grounded in a deep understanding of culture, time, and place. Each environment we create is designed in response to the bigger picture, yet tailored to suit unique brand perspectives. The result is a perfect balance between beauty and functionality. We believe spaces must be engaging and we strive to create playful environments that surprise and delight all who enter. We look to engage as artists, craftsman, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs, endowed with endless curiosity and a mindful approach to design.
What You Will Do
- Utilize your experience with all phases of Interior Design project deliverables from Concept Design through Construction Administration to realize a successful design concept
- Work independently or with minor oversight to perform assignments including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Produce mood, material and design presentations independently or with minimal supervision
- Produce furniture plans, specifications, material selections and schedules needed for construction documentation independently or with minimal supervision
- Participate in client and consultant meetings
- Effectively communicate design ideas by hand sketching and/or digital graphics
- Utilize knowledge of hospitality furniture and technology, and custom furniture and lighting solutions, finishes, materials, color selections, and ID specifications
- Independently create material palettes and inspiration image boards
- Experience in the role described above
- High resourcefulness of creative unique materials, furniture and fixtures
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NCARB accredited school.
- NCIDQ certified
- 5+ years post-graduate experience required
- Excellent color sense, and great passion for design
- Excellent graphic design, organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate, self-starting, dedicated, efficient
- Enjoys both taking responsibility and team collaboration
- Detailed understanding of FFE design and deliverables
- Passion for both the big picture design ideas and the details
- Facility with 3D conceptualization (digitally or by hand) a plus
- High Proficiency in Revit, Enscape, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Revit and Bluebeam required
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required. Portfolios should include at least 1 project with this particular focus, and candidates should be prepared to talk to this in their interview, especially built projects with LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard , Fitwell and /or Net Zero Building certification.
If interested, please submit your application materials online. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
**The base salary will be estimated between $77,500 to $94,500 plus bonuses and benefits and contingent on relevant experience.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities. Our annual base salary range has been established based on local markets.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.