Technical Designer – Retail
Shaping the future of cities by enhancing the human experience.
As a Gensler Technical Designer, you will collaborate with our Design Directors and Design Managers to develop design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation and construction administration phases of a project. Successful candidates will be able to quickly learn how to translate an architect’s sketches and documents into realized 2D/3D models and images, and research artistic and/or technical issues when they arise. Your work ethic, combined with your commitment to collaboration and learning, makes Gensler the perfect place to nurture your career.
What You Will Do
- Work with the Design Director(s) and project team(s) on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production.
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives.
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Professional B.A or M.A. degree in architecture or related field
- 0-5 years of related project experience
- Proficiency in Revit
- Beginning knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Working toward State licensure and LEED accreditation a plus
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format.
**The base salary will be estimated between $75,000 to $95,000 plus bonuses and benefits and contingent on relevant experience.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities. Our annual base salary range has been established based on local markets.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.