Interior Designer – Healthcare + Science
Shaping the future of cities by enhancing the human experience.
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our Healthcare + Science practice areas are leveraging the power of informed and purposeful user-centered design, we are unlocking design solutions and strategies that are de?ning the next chapter in the healthcare industry.
What You Will Do
- Lead the creative efforts on healthcare + science projects, developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies
- Mentor and provide creative direction to design teams
- Act as the primary design interface with clients and consultants
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts
- Selecting interior finishes, furniture and equipment
- Producing space plans, furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finished design presentation documentation
- Provide solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
- Review drawings, mockups, materials, and finish samples submitted by project contractors
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of design or architecture
- 7+ years of design leadership of interior design and/or architecture projects; recent healthcare or sicence project experience is required
- NCIDQ certified
- LEED accreditation are preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Revit and other computer design programs
- Must have a portfolio of healthcare or science projects. Ideally project portfolio will show a range of interior and base building projects for a variety of designs (medical centers, medical office buildings, hospitals, outpatient clinics, surgery centers, community health centers, labs, etc.).
**The base salary will be estimated between $95-115k plus bonuses and benefits and contingent on relevant experience.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.