Shaping the future of cities by enhancing the human experience.
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients’ success. We share the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability, and we believe that a diversity of voices and cultures is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As the world’s largest design firm, Gensler has a unique obligation and opportunity to focus on sustainability in the built environment. We deepened our commitment to combat the impact on climate change in the built environment when we launched Gensler Cities Climate Challenge (GC3) in 2019. This is our pledge to meet an ambitious goal: the elimination of all greenhouse gases from our work by 2030.
As a Gensler Technical Designer you will tap into your boundless creativity to contribute towards the design of unique environments, providing exemplar design knowledge from conception to completion of projects working across all design stages.
What You Will Do
- Participate in all project phases, including programming, conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production.
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, manufacturers, and other vendors to meet overall project objectives.
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, plans, elevations, details, and sections through to detailed construction drawings.
- Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts.
- Support project sustainability targets throughout project phases and actively engage in delivering them.
- Study sustainable design strategies in every project stage and investigate solutions to sustainable design challenges.
- Work collaboratively with the team to optimize sustainability performance through design iterations and research.
- Engage in climate focused analysis and studies for each project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- 3-6 years of related project experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding graphic presentation and written & verbal communication skills.
- Creative, original thinking and technically biased, demonstrated through a strong creative and technical portfolio.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Proficiency in modeling using 2D/3D software, such as Revit, Octane, 3dViz, 3ds MAX, and/or Rhino utilizing V-Ray.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Knowledge in sustainable design principles required.
- LEED, WELL, Fitwel, LFA or other rating systems accreditation preferable.
- Demonstrate a collaborative and integrated approach towards achieving high sustainability project goals.
- Motivated to grow knowledge and experience in sustainability on a personal and a team level.
- Good working knowledge and experience in Autodesk Revit for design authoring, documentation, data extracts and project delivery.
- Good knowledge and experience with the strategic planning, and setup of BIM projects.
- Good knowledge and experience with collaboration within the BIM context, including cloud-based markups, consultant coordination and clash detection.
- Basic understanding and familiarity with interoperability workflows between various design tools such as, AutoCad, Revit, Rhino, etc.
- Basic understanding and familiarity in Rhinoceros for design authoring.
- Basic understanding and familiarity with real-time rendering processes, and material creation & management within the context of integrated BIM and parametric workflows.
- Understanding of the capabilities and application of Information Management tools such as Aconex, Asite, Newforma, etc.
Applications we work with:
- Design Authoring – Revit, Rhino, Autocad, Navisworks
- Collaboration – BIM360
- Computational Design – Grasshopper, Dynamo
- Building Performance Simulation – Insight, Sefaira, Diva, Ladybug tools
- Visualisation – Vray, Enscape, Twinmotion, 3DSMax
- Graphics & Productivity – Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experiential – Unreal Engine, Unity
- Development – C#, Python
To be considered, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format.
Life at Gensler
Gensler Asia-Pacific and Middle East is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through our Five Strategies. In partnership with our clients, we strive to create a just and equitable future for our communities and our colleagues. We celebrate our diversity and are focused on creating an inclusive workplace environment for all.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to research grants to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.