Technical Designer – Junior
Shaping the future of cities by enhancing the human experience.
As a Gensler architectural Technical Designer, you will collaborate with our Design Directors to develop design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation phase of a project. You will be successful because you already know how to translate an architect’s sketches and documents into realized 2D/3D models and images and can research artistic and/or technical issues when they arise. Your work ethic, combined with your commitment to collaboration and mentoring, makes Gensler the perfect place to nurture your career.
*TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT A RESUME AND CURRENT PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES IN PDF FORMAT*
What You Will Do
- Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
- Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- 3+ years of related project experience
- Proficiency in modeling using 3D software; Revit is preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements
- State licensure and LEED accreditation a plus
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and parametric design software, including Grasshopper, is a plus
Life at Gensler
Gensler is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Through our Five Strategies to Fight Racism, we continue to create a just and equitable future for our colleagues and our communities with our clients. We are a solid voice for social change as we impact people’s lives and fight racism. At Gensler, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities. Our annual base salary range has been established based on local markets.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.