Asa Posner, LEED Fellow, is a green building and sustainability consultant in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area currently working as the Vice President of Sales for Sustainable Investment Group (SIG), a full-service sustainability, wellness, and ESG consulting and engineering firm. He has extensive experience in green building design/construction and operations, energy and water conservation, and building occupant comfort.
Asa is a LEED Accredited Professional with specialties in BD+C and O+M, a member of the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Minnesota Chapter, and serves the Market Leadership Advisory Board (MLAB).
He has worked as a green building consultant for 15 years and have helped certify over 220 LEED projects, encompassing over 60M sf LEED certified space. He regularly teaches exam prep classes for professionals looking to earn their LEED Green Associate or Accredited Professional with Specialty credentials.
Nick Kassanis, LEED Fellow, PE, is the Sustainable Investment Group’s President and oversees daily operations, strategic planning, global growth and the firm’s vision. He directs the Climate Investment Solutions, Engineering, ESG and Sustainability consulting departments, offering services such as LEED/WELL/Fitwel consulting, Decarbonization/LCA assessments, Commissioning/RCx, Green Financing, Net Zero Proformas and GRESB/GRI/CDP reporting.
As a LEED Fellow, LEED AP BD+C, licensed Professional Engineer and Certified Building Commissioning Professional, Nick has led and overseen over 350 LEED projects and 150 energy studies across 150M+ square feet in multiple industries. Specializing in the integrated design process, decarbonization and deep retro-commissioning investigations, he enhances energy efficiency and staff training across projects and portfolios alike.
As a globally recognized public speaker, he’s mentored and educated 10,000+ professionals and students. Additionally, as Co-Founder and Advisor at Aetos, he is pioneering cutting edge imaging technology to transform training and building operations in the digital age.
- Charlie interviews Nick + Asa after their recent LEED Fellow awards.
- Understanding how design and buildings can affect a natural environment and affect a natural ecosystem.
- Client engagement and the misconceptions that are still out there when it comes to LEED and a sustainable building.
- Recognizing your job as sustainability consultants to find the best outcome for clients and projects specific challenges.
- Asa shares findings from the LEED Advancement Committee on common misconceptions around LEED.
- Emerging technology and trends that everyone should be applying to their businesses.
- Current innovations to help you leverage technology to advance the efficiency of how you do things.
- The evolution of LEED to grow and create a renewed focus on health, wellness, and buildings being designed, built and operated to be better for the environment.
- The crossover and current pathways to combine environmental performance and human performance.
- Fundamental values and roles that keep us alive and keep us caring for our families.
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended