Jacob Lehrer is currently an Architecture Student at Wentworth Institute of Technology. He has been fascinated by engineering and design his entire life and has put a focus on sustainability throughout. His first job in college was in a sustainability consultant role.
He passed the LEED Green Associate exam in June 2019 at 17, the LEED AP BD+C in June 2021 at 19, the LEED AP O+M in July 2022 at 20, and the LEED AP ND in April 2023 at 21. These credentials and experiences help inform his designs and thoughts about how buildings should be constructed.
His hope is that we, as a species, can move forward in a more positive and sustainable direction. He is excited to help realize that vision by seeking how technological innovations and forward-thinking can push architecture and sustainability into the future.
- Great tips from a rising star in the industry on trends and how to navigate and personalize your career.
- Successful strategies for the test taking process for LEED and other systems exams.
- Benefits of Wentworth Institute of Technology
* Master emerging technologies
* Internship and co-op programs
* Invaluable industry experience embedded in the curriculum
* Wentworth Sustainability Society
* LEED green associate prep course
- Looking at the sustainability tools from every angle to build something new.
- Main gripe with many of the rating systems and how to synergize categories or credits.
- Get a lens into how to design for different types of inhabitants and different types of loads.
- Exploring some of the techniques, architecture, and how to design your buildings for passive systems around the world.
- Using software and tools as an extension of your own arm to express your ideas more succinctly and with your own designs.
Show Resource and Information
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Sustainability Society Helps Students Get Certified for Energy and Environmental Design
- Ground News
- Rum Punch
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended