With more than 14 years of experience, Miranda’s portfolio ranges from research of corporate water footprinting and review of financing options for energy efficient homes to sustainable master plans. She has worked for internationally recognized organizations, such as the US Green Building Council and KfW, and within city governments in Germany and the UAE. In 2020, she was recognized for her ongoing sustainability work with the distinction of LEED Fellow from GBCI/USGBC.
Her passion for the environment drives her to improve sustainability practices through local engagement and on the global scale. While at USGBC, she launched the LEED Pilot Credit Library and was the technical manager for LEED for Retail and LEED for Healthcare. Miranda’s clients have implemented and achieved a variety of green building certifications including BOMA BESt recertifications and Estidama Pearl Ratings.
Additionally, Miranda is a distance running coach and cycling instructor, who believes that caring for oneself resonates in caring for the planet.
- The education traveling has on your career to blend experience that will help you understand different approaches in sustainability tactics.
- Miranda’s experience in Germany during an immigration crisis and how they maintained their sustainability agenda to integrate people and values into their culture.
- How to keep pushing the sustainability line forward when you are being tested? Forming “how” and not “can” questions.
- LEED Fellowship honors the people who made sure Miranda was moving the buck forward.
- The diverse portfolio of HKS with firm-wide resources.
- Working within the confines of federal funding and what that looks like for sustainability elements.
- 2020 Green Building highlights and how to navigate the healthy building movement.
- There will be a new normal in the industry and it doesn’t have to cost us a lot.
“Opening up and helping facilitate a lot of the dialogues that we’re having right now, in some part, thanks to 2020. The conversations that have to come up, dismantling systemic racism, looking at community engagement, looking at how our building designs are much more holistic than just quote unquote sustainability in the lens of the built environment are so important right now.”
Miranda Gardiner’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended