Blake Jackson is a licensed architect (RI) with over 18 years of industry experience in various roles, having obtained a B-Arch from Kennesaw State University (2005) and an M-Arch in Sustainable Environmental Design from the AA Graduate School in London (2008).
He is an Associate and the US Northeast Sustainability Design Leader with Stantec, a global built environment practice, working out of Boston, MA. His focus is on the nexus between sustainability, well-being and resiliency, serving as a company-wide resource, particularly with projects seeking third-party certifications.
He’s active within the northeast regional design community, including being a past board member of A Better City, as former co-chair of the BSA COTE, as a former BSA VP of Advocacy, and as an adjunct faculty at both the Boston Architectural College and Mount Ida College (now UMass Dartmouth). In 2015 He was honored as one of BD+C Magazine’s “40 Under 40” Class.
- Leapfrog US sustainability academic options and experience.
- Unique approach to becoming an architectural entrepreneur.
- Stantec – sustainable design leader.
- Create “Yes” opportunities to open doors.
- Adaptive Reuse Projects break from traditional and typical.
- Components every architect student should be exposed to.
- Green bonds for LEED certification to push multi-family building.
- The trends of operational carbon and embodied carbon and materials.
- The challenge for healthy buildings and the rating systems that support them.
- Blake’s (suggested) PhD project to close loopholes that threaten green building.
“Saying ‘yes’ to opportunities opens up doors for things that you couldn’t possibly anticipate. I think that habit of saying ‘yes’ to opportunities, whether I know why they presented themselves or not, has been a bit of a superpower.”
Blake Jackson’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2021 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended