Jeff Stewart is a Senior Energy Manager – Existing Buildings and is responsible for energy audits, LEED O+M engineering, ENERGY STAR benchmarking and certification, and city/state benchmarking ordinances. He has extensive experience in the commercial HVAC industry and ten (10) years of experience working on projects seeking LEED certification.
Prior to working for SIG, Jeff worked for an Atlanta-based HVAC design engineering firm using AutoCAD to design and model commercial HVAC systems for single office and high-rise office buildings, including the Delta Dental building and First Data Center in Atlanta, GA.
Jeff has experience working with many different building types, including office buildings, tenant spaces, data centers, multifamily properties, convention centers, and sports stadiums. In 2021, Jeff and the SIG ENERGY STAR team completed 510 ENERGY STAR labels consisting of over 148M GSF. He has been instrumental in SIG being awarded the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence award every year since 2016.
- Applying a holistic approach to the green building movement by focusing on both design and impact.
- The Green Sports Alliance connects great sustainable standards.
- Hear tips about that and Geocaching.
- Tips for someone trying to apply LEED for existing buildings to something besides an office building from an energy store portfolio manager expert.
- LEED is a platform for benchmarking how you’re building, how your structure operates, and impacts the world around it regardless of what the building is being used for.
- Benchmark your energy and water data to make improvements from that to achieve your desired certification.
- Mix and match credits to ensure you are operating at peak efficiency to get LEED certification for your project.
- Understanding the big push for mixed use developments for your clients.
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended