Chris Pyke, Ph.D. is the Senior Vice President for Product for ArcSkoru, Inc. Prior to joining Arc, Dr. Pyke was the Chief Strategy Officer for Aclima, Inc., Chief Operating Officer for GRESB, B.V., Vice President for Research at the US Green Building Council, and a physical scientist with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
He is a principal investigator for the Green Health Partnership, a long-term research initiative supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Dr. Pyke has served in a number of advisory roles, including as a lead author for the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, chair of the US EPA Chesapeake Bay Program Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee, and co-chair of the U.S. Climate Change Science Program Interagency Working Group on Human Contributions and Responses to Climate Change. Dr. Pyke is on the faculty of the Urban and Regional Planning Program at Georgetown University. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of California, Santa Barbara and a B.S. from the College of William and Mary.
- The fundamental intersection between land use, the built environment and natural systems.
- Questions to ask to grow buildings and cities in a better way.
- How to create a career that provides the privilege of working to pay it forward.
- The gateway to information and the research side of the green building community (GBIG, GRESB, Aclima and USGBC) to see the big picture of the movement.
- ARC is going to be foundational to what happens next for the Green Building movement.
- Chris shares amazing ideas and tools that came from a “blank sheet of paper” to benefit projects and people.
- The benefits and impact of GRESB, The global real estate sustainability benchmark, on everything you’ve had an influence on.
- Free resources for consultants to get your building scored with a growing list of building performance standards.
- The three most foundational things to read to bring our movement to scale.
- Why green building needs more innovation around all things sustainability.
- The benefits of understanding and taking the scientific approach.
Chris Pyke Show Resource and Information
- Green Building Information Gateway-GBIG
- Malcolm Gladwell | Speaker – TED
- Diffusion of Innovations
- Crossing the Chasm
- The Innovator’s Dilemma
- The Tipping Point
- Net Zero by 2050 – A Roadmap for the Global Energy Sector
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended