Daniel Brown works to promote public health, green spaces, wealth building, and community engagement. He has served on the Cleveland-Cuyahoga Food Policy Coalition, the Cuyahoga County Next Generation Council, and the U.S. Composting Council’s steering committee for community composting prior to starting Rust Belt Riders. Mr. Brown is a social entrepreneur and climate fellow.
- Learn how Rust Belt communities are fighting deindustrialization and the impacts of climate change with economic development, climate resiliency, and the re-imagination of communities.
- Why does the climate crisis make all other crises that much worse?
- The biggest leverage and point of leverage that we can have on affecting human driven impacts on the climate.
- Learn more about the intersecting issues related to our food and agricultural system on both public health, air and water quality.
- The work Rust Belt Riders is doing work that provides
a. a template for how other cities and communities can affect change at a systems level to truly be the rising tide that lifts all boats.
b. community leaders, businesses and residents a way to reframe their waste stream as a resource stream to avoid the very worst impacts of the climate crisis.
- Highly dense urban areas need an alternative to landfills because they do not have the infrastructure or capacity to process all of the organic material that they ingest.
- Food and food systems are the building block for all and any type of circular economy.
- The top three things we need to balance the push and pull of the environmental economic equation.
Show Resource and Information
- Fellowship – Echoing Green
- Rust Belt Riders: Feed People, Not Landfills
- The Uninhabitable Earth
- The Ministry for the Future
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended