Eric Robinson, AIA, LEED AP, began studying design at North Carolina State University’s College of Design in Raleigh, North Carolina where he graduated with a Bachelor degree in Environmental Design in 1994. Eric then participated in a two-year internship with BCW+H Architects in Richmond, VA. Following this internship Eric attended the University of Virginia, successfully finishing his Master of Architecture in 1999.
Upon completion of his Masters, Eric was offered a position at Charles Rose Architects (formerly Thompson and Rose) where he worked as a Senior Designer/Architect for 9 years. His diverse body of work includes projects at the University of South Dakota, the University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth, the Florida Gulf Coast Museum of Art, the Federal Port of Entry in Del Rio, TX, residences on Martha’s Vineyard, and a summer camp in Wyoming. Eric’s projects at Charles Rose Architects have received multiple professional awards.
Eric and Kevin Deabler founded RODE Architects in 2005. Since 2006, Eric also has served as a visiting lecturer at Northeastern University. Eric is a LEED Accredited Professional and brings to the firm an integrated, design-oriented approach to the profession.
- Eric shares his experience creating a business and selecting the right partner and team.
- Understanding the changes and impact to community building in Boston’s established neighborhoods.
- Highlights of RODE Architects’ projects and approaches to keeping sustainability and benefits to the community at the forefront of design.
- Tips to stay up to date and include diverse skill sets on different projects.
- Holistically design projects with different disciplines in mind.
- Pillars to make sustainability more approachable for your firm and the consumer to avoid outsourcing.
- Trends to personalize construction to be more modular and efficient in a controlled environment.
- Understanding your role to create connections with your clients.
Eric Robinson’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended