Vaishali Sampat is the Director of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility for Kilroy Realty. She joined Kilroy Realty in 2013 in property management, where she worked closely with the sustainability team to identify and implement efficiency projects and achieve building certifications for the West LA/Santa Monica portfolio.
In 2018, she transitioned to sustainability full time and is now responsible for Investor Disclosures and Reporting, sourcing efficiency projects and programs, and advancing building decarbonization goals. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for USGBC-LA, ULI-LA’s Leadership Council, and Fitwel Leadership Advisory Board. She is a Fitwel Ambassador, LEED AP O+M accredited, and holds a dual degree in Accounting and Finance from Georgia State University.
- Advantages of having a business and financial degree to sell sustainability initiatives. Learn ways to put your unique and varied degrees to good use in green building.
- Vaishali shares how to follow your passions to create a rewarding life career.
- California’s regional needs for creativity with exterior and interior water usage and building types.
- Reducing the negative impacts of the built environment is going to take more than net zero. Why carbon capture technology is the next step.
- Designing projects that are inclusive to existing communities with adaptive materials.
- Kilroy stays an industry leader and pioneer by expanding programs and making sustainability an investment and responsibility by
* Retooling, refining programs to get all of the important leadership decision makers in on the conversation.
growing a life science sector.
* Instituting a really robust data management plan.
* Establishing science based targets.
* Designing ways to connect with the existing community.
Get the episode transcript here!!
Vaishali Sampat’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended