As Principal and Director of Sustainability at Perkins&Will Vancouver, Kathy directs the office’s research and sustainable design advisory team. Kathy joined the firm in 2002 with a strong commitment to sustainable design and construction, and has considerable experience working on LEED and Living Building Challenge projects. On a firm wide level, Kathy helped author, implement and direct Perkins&Will’s Sustainable Design Initiative. She regularly speaks and writes about sustainable design and healthy materials, and has authored several articles on healthy building materials and transparency. Kathy is a past-chair of the Cascadia Green Building Council.
- Help clients navigate the best tool to select for a project, occupants, and stakeholders to justify third party validation value.
- Degrees that support reducing impact on the built environment
- How do we work with industry to think about different green business practices?
- Market barriers to reusing materials in new construction.
- Unique opportunity to empower a sustainable sustainability corporate strategy to connect essential knowledge with the entire organization.
- Perkins&Will’s Living Design Initiative addresses issues with clients, staff and what the world is facing.
- Perkins&Will will future proof their company by identifying strategic opportunities.
- Elevate up and look at bigger strategy issues affecting our industry and the impact we have on climate climate change.
“It pays to persevere and to stick to your values and what you’re passionate about. When times are tough, we’re in tough times right now during a pandemic, stick to your values and things will work out.”
– Kathy Wardle
Kathy Wardle’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended