Michael Driedger, while standing in a dumpster full of drywall in 1996 (drywall he had installed in 1995), had an epiphany. We couldn’t have survived as a species for 60 or so thousand years if we always behaved this way. Using his archeology degree to discover how we used to build and behave, Michael has given his life to the search for ways to bring back ancient construction wisdom while leveraging modern technologies.
Having worked in the construction, design and green building research sectors since 2005, Michael has found many answers to the questions he began asking in 1996. With years of diverse experiences from which to draw, he now works with others to guide their own searches for ways to build better buildings, better businesses, and better lives.
- Sustainability and energy modeling without bias interference.
- Sustainability’s real problems are integration problems.
- Setting back the thermostat in hotels and other buildings snowballs energy savings.
- Why is air infiltration the biggest enemy?
- Simple and sustainable building ideas.
- LEED is environmental accounting, but LEED’s scorecard is heavily weighted.
- Real-time indoor air quality IT devices now allow direct connection to multiple devices in a specific space.
- Benefits of Airsset, to assist with solutions, compliance reports and selecting the best rating systems.
- Build your strategy on specifics, instead of vagueness, when making plans for adequate air quality in buildings.
Michael Driedger’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended