Director and founder of Revitaliza Consultores in Mexico City, a firm specialized in environmental consulting for green building portfolios, Alicia is responsible for overseeing LEED certification, strategic development, and corporate sustainability initiatives in diverse markets encompassing México, Peru, Colombia and Spain. In 2015, Alicia was recognized by GB&D Magazine as one of the 20 women who are shaping the sustainability landscape of tomorrow.
She has overseen certification projects for several icon buildings: Torre Mayor (a 55-floor multi-tenant corporate building), Antiguo Palacio del Ayuntamiento, (a 500 year old historic building), and CIINOVA (the highest scoring LEED certified building in Latin America).
Alicia is a founding member of SUMe Sustentabilidad Para Mexico. She served as its Vice President from 2011-2015. She volunteered on the LEED steering committee with USGBC, and represented Mexico at the LEED international Round Table until 2016.
Alicia also works hard to advance gender equality in the construction industry. Her company culture is designed to keep smart women in their jobs. Her company does this by offering flexible schedules and quality of life so nobody has to choose between career and family!
- Seattle’s EcoTopia and Ecopreneurs force you to convert to a super green life.
- Raising the standard overcomes gender bias in the industry and in Latin America.
- The benefits of LEED evolved to change the markets, increase education, and promote green building in a developing country.
- Tips for the role of a green building consultant and how to demonstrate a business case, a health case, a better world case for every building you work in.
- Strategizing how to make your whole portfolio better.
- Shifts of the investors and the projects, in terms of the climate emergency now that green building is at the forefront.
- Education is essential if you want to transform and inspire the market.
“We really want to be the best for the world, not just the best in the world. I want to see the transformation that happens in people when they are moved internally by green buildings and sustainability and see, for perhaps the first time, that there is a better way of living this life. I want people to know we not only have the responsibility – but the power to build a better world for ourselves and for the generations that follow us.”
– Alicia Silva
Alicia Silva’s Show Resource and Information
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed …
- Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your … – Amazon.com
- Books By Carol Sanford – Amazon.com
- podcasts – Carol Sanford
- Dave Asprey (Author) – Amazon.com
- Let My People Go Surfing
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole …
- All We Can Save: Truth, Courage, and Solutions for the …
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2021 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended