Brian and his wife have lived in South Florida for 20+ years, dodging hurricanes, gardening, cooking, running and attending Miami Heat and Dolphin games. He is a fuzzy Bee from Georgia Tech, and is a proud cat-dad.
His background includes Director of TLC’s R&D team, the “PEAK Institute”; Florida PE with a Mechanical Engineering Degree; LEED® and WELL® Accredited Professional; Leadership roles in ASHRAE, USGBC, BOMA, GMBHA, AIA and the Construction Executives Association; A member of ULI’s National Building Healthy Places Forum; Past AIA Miami “Engineer of the Year”.
As a principal at TLC, Brian’s 30+ years of consulting engineering practice have been established in the design of high-performance, sustainable, and health focused MEP systems in all building types. These experiences have made him a valuable team member for cost effective, efficient integrated design solutions.
- The rules are reversed when you’re designing in regions with different climates.
- Effective energy conservation ideas implemented without technology.
- Understanding the multiple ways radiation impacts air distribution when selecting products.
- Avoid assumptions for uses with water and other site resources.
- Involvement of insurance and reinsurance companies in designing green projects.
- The “silent motivator” to maintain existing structures to keep buildings from being obsolete.
- Brian’s gift of translating technical language to building owners for effective environment and market changes.
- A tip that provides an opportunity to get outside the green building industry to make a greater impact within.
Brian Lomel’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended