Michelle L. DeLora, AIA, LEED AP, LEED Fellow, WELL AP, is an Associate Principal at SchenkelShultz Architecture in Orlando, FL. A registered architect in Florida with more than 20 years of experience, DeLora joined SchenkelShultz in 2012 and is part of the firm’s Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) general consultant team. She is certified as a LEED accredited professional and is a past U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) central Florida chapter chair. DeLora holds a bachelor’s degree in architecture from the University of Oregon and is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
- Michelle shares how to look for your passion and put roots into a lasting career.
- Learn what technologies there are and how to leverage that technology to make a better build environment.
- Consider what you’re doing, where you should be, and what’s the next thing to help pass your LEED exams.
- Michelle makes sense of how to pursue a project, what strategies to look for in the beginning, and how to discuss your LEED boundary.
- What is floating solar?
- Michelle predicts a move towards app based products because sustainability and technology go hand in hand.
- Why WELL resonates with the clients today.
“Be agile. When I was younger I was a little bit more sedentary and a little more afraid, but just really think about being agile, evolving with the times and thinking about what you could do. Always search for the next what’s next.”
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended