Hiroki Hiramatsu, after a 20 year job career in investment banking, founded CSR Design and Landscape as a social entrepreneur, which has been cultivating the green building market since the inception in 2006. USGBC Faculty, LEED AP BD+C, CASBEE Property Market Promotion Committee Member, Chair of Sustainable Property Investment WG (Principles for Financial Action for the 21st Century of Ministry of the Environment) Graduated Osaka University of Foreign Studies.
- Founding co-chair of Green Building Japan (GBJ: International roundtable member)
- LEED Fellow, USGBC Faculty, LEED AP (BD+C, ND)
- CASBEE Property Market Promotion Committee Member
- Chair of Sustainable Property Investment WG (Principles for Financial Action for the 21st Century of Ministry of the Environment Japan)
After a 20 year job career in investment banking, he founded Woonerf Inc. as a social entrepreneur, which has been cultivating the green building market since the inception in 2006.
- Pivot your career path to build a career out of need and fun.
- Connecting landscape architecture to the green/healthy building movement.
- Japan’s culture shifts to embrace LEED, WELL, and other rating systems to drastically reduce energy usage.
- How to decide which programs to use for the client and the project?
- Become a social entrepreneur that successfully increases human resources.
- The diverse rating systems used throughout Japan to impact large populations (ESG investment).
- LEED for Existing Building, certifications and recertification’s by using ARC.
“I think LEED gives us the guidance to change our ‘business as usual’ economy side and the building design to a sustainable one. WELL gives us the same kind of guidance to change and transform our old fashion lifestyle.”
Hiroki Hiramatsu’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2021 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended