Keith Amann, is a LEED Fellow and part of WSP’s specialty sustainability practice Built Ecology (formerly YR&G), and National Practice Leader for their sustainable strategy & certifications services. Dedicated to the goal of creating more sustainable built environments, their team is driven by a hopeful and holistic definition of sustainability that improves human health and well-being, innovates toward climate positive solutions, and strives to create equitable and resilient communities.
Keith has over 15 years of experience providing technical sustainability expertise and project management on a wide variety of project types both in the US and internationally. Keith currently serves on USGBC’s LEED Advisory Committee as Chair, USGBC’s LEED Steering Committee, is a recognized FutureReady™ champion for WSP, and has extensive public speaking experience at conferences, universities and for private clients on a variety of smart, healthy and sustainability-related topics.
- Keith discusses collaborating on projects to expand roles in delivering the nuances in green building goals and incentive programs.
- Tackling all the available incentive programs and understanding decarbonization electrification.
- Evaluating factors and variables to consider in order to decarbonize efficiently.
- The changes clients are making to the industry.
- Areas where green building needs to focus its efforts to address sustainability from a holistic perspective.
- The influence in volunteering to guide the next iterations of important programs like LEED to “steer the steering committee”.
- Interpreting research and analytics to teams and clients so it is clear and engaging to drive necessary outcomes.
- Evolution of Keith’s career led him to WSP’s specialty sustainability practice Built Ecology.
Keith Amann’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended