Charles Anderson is a landscape architect and fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects, He is a Principal of the Phoenix-based landscape architecture firm, Charles Anderson Landscape Architecture, which is the continuation of his practice of the Seattle-based firm Charles Anderson Landscape Architecture. Anderson is recognized by the American Society of Landscape Architects for combining nature, community needs, and art into his designs, emphasizing sustainability, indigenous plants and urban ecology.
His firm has an extensive record of award-winning multi-disciplinary park projects including over 25 community-based projects within the Seattle metropolitan area. Many of CALA’s projects involve extensive public participation, including collaborations with community and neighborhood groups and public presentations. Recent neighborhood park projects include Roxhill Wetland and Bog Park in West Seattle and, the restoration of the 500 Area of Discovery Park, both of which received Merit Awards from the Washington Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects, and improvements to Mineral Springs Park to enhance public access and use including a new art walk and gathering spaces.
- Charles shares tips for creating landscapes all around the world.
- The importance of ASLA, American Society of Landscape Architects and other trade organizations to propel your career.
- Everything you need to know about selecting native and adaptive plants.
- The dangers to the industry and environment if you ignore the native plants for something that grows quicker.
- Resource suggestions to figure out what is native in different regions to optimize the landscape.
- Why we need to love weeds more.
- Environmental landscape is an essential card in your lens.
- Seeing buildings like mountains will help shape your design and create a natural system that benefits the earth.
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended