Dake Wells Architecture is a progressive architectural practice with an emphasis on design as problem solving. Their work is experiential and attempts to define memorable spaces through architectural means while respecting the contextual influences of site, program, the environment, and economy. Jason Hainline has tremendous experience in the green building industry and is a LEED Fellow, the highest honor. In this podcast episode, Charlie finds out more about Jason’s background, his work for client’s like Bass Pro, and more.
- How to create a marriage between design and sustainability on your projects?
- Hiring a dream team to create a green Bass Pro Store launched Jason’s career in sustainability.
- How LEED became the central line in sustainable design for Jason’s company in the early years of LEED being in the marketplace?
- EMSI helped established LEED in China and other parts of the world as the go-to green building rating system.
- Jason recommends course topics and skills to make students much more marketable, knowledgeable, and ethical when they get out into the world and practice.
- What is the measuring stick green builders need to be making decisions based upon?
- A LEED Fellow’s advice for decisions on how to emphasize your efforts in sustainability.
“It’s important for us all to not lose sight of traditional ways of assessing environmental impacts. And, for me, that includes looking back at some of the early pioneers in the late sixties and early seventies and how the tools that they used to measure daylighting design or energy efficiency can still apply today.”
– Jason Hainline
Jason Hainline’s Show Resource and Information
- That Used to Be Us by Thomas L. Friedman
- Hot, Flat, and Crowded by Thomas L. Friedman
- Dake Wells Architecture
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended