Sheila M. Sheridan – IFMA Fellow, CFM, LEED AP O+M. Sheila retired from Harvard University where she was Director of Facilities and Services at the Kennedy School of Government. As an International Facility Management Association (IFMA )volunteer member, she has held numerous roles including the Chair.
Sheila was a USGBC Technical Committee member. Previously she was past vice chair of the LEED Operations and Maintenance Committee. She also participated as faculty for IFMA and USGBC courses. She is a recognized global speaker concerning facilities and sustainability. She has been a visiting lecturer at universities around the world.
- How volunteer work allows you to test the limits of your abilities and learn what you are really interested in.
- Invite champions, naysayers, and gossipers to your team to match your project to your mission.
- Tips to pave your own way to promote the change you want to see in your profession and an environmental steward.
- Sheila is a “tenacious pioneer” who shares her stories of inspiration and tips to help push sustainability forward and open new doors.
- Sustainability has no borders because the world’s needs are connected for a positive future.
- Emerging trends and looking at how they manage buildings so we don’t lose the voice of the people that work and live there.
- Growth in the industry only occurs when you invite people in, share information as an environmental steward.
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended