Experienced Program Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the government administration industry. Skilled in Policy Development, Sustainable Design, Renewable Energy, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), and Change Making. Strong design professional and manager with a BARC focused in Sustainable Architecture from Mississippi State University.
- How a childhood focus on buying an Atari kickstarted Lance’s building and ultimately green building career.
- A hotbed of crazy ideas that created LEED and the sustainability movement.
- How did building trust as an architect allowed Lance to write policy for green building across the nation?
- What you need to know to create a green oasis for community projects?
- A spectacular moment of humanity and how architecture and sustainability work to bring everybody together.
- Push the envelope and raise the bar by finding balance with these tips.
- Embodied energy. Determine a building’s need to transform waste to energy.
- Lance speaks about Fitwel, and various healthy building programs, and ideas that incorporate healthy options for employees.
“All of that was sort of born out of a common group and challenging ourselves about the future. I think it’s been super important continuing to build those relationships and continuing to challenge our thinking. It’s where we come up with that next big idea and find the right people to help us implement it — relationships.”
– Lance Davis
(Transcript Available on here and on the GBES website)
Lance Davis’ Show Resource and Information
- USGBC | Monumental Green
- Gentle Architecture of Malcolm Wells
- The Biggest Little Farm
- The Story of B
- My Ishmael
- U.S. General Services Administration
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended