John Dalzell is a Senior Architect for Sustainable Development at the Boston Redevelopment Authority. Leading the City’s E+ Green Building and E+ Green Communities Programs which are joint BRA and Department of Neighborhood Development initiatives. John also has served on: the Board of Directors, US Green Building Council, Chair USGBC Location and Planning Technical Advisory Group, Member of the LEED for Neighborhood Development Core Committee, and is a Founding Board Member of the USGBC Massachusetts Chapter.
- Revitalizing Boston’s commercial districts was a fundamental sustainability strategy that created the largest urban main street program in the country.
- LEED For Neighborhood Development, and other fantastic programs and competitions that will inspire.
- Addressing the impacts of sea level rise and climate change to ensure citizens thrive long into the future.
- Conversations on climate risk models and the resiliency models.
- John reinforces why green building and sustainability is really a group effort and journey.
- Pioneer design engineering strategies, products and practices that are achieving net zero carbon in public and private development.
- The importance of being stewards of a community to connect the national movement with a local city.
“Ultimately it comes down to continuing to look at how we function best as a community. In those regards, whether you’re volunteering, or serving at the professional level in your town or region, it’s all an expression of caring. A tangible expression of – we do better when we work together. I think that’s an important message this time of year, and especially for these last few years.”
– John Dalzell
John Dalzell ’s Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended